Tuesday, October 7, 2008

You've got mail!

There was a watercolor bunny in my mailbox the other day. He'd hopped over from my friend Monette's house. You can see him at her blog. Isn't he cute?

It almost inspires me to dig out all of the stuff I've acquired to make a postcard quilt. Go here if you're curious about fabric post cards.

Speaking of mail, I watched "You've Got Mail" yet another time on Sunday afternoon. I'm not sure why I enjoy the movie so much. I think it may be the way it deals with relationships and the way we handle the inevitable changes in our lives.

If you haven't watched "The Shop Around the Corner", the 1940 predecessor of "You've Got Mail", you've missed a treat. This film, based on a Hungarian play, inspired both "You've Got Mail" and the MGM musical, "In the Good Old Summertime".

Watching all three would make an interesting mini film festival. Maybe I should send out postcards. . .

2 comments:

Monette Satterfield said...

Thanks for the post! So where's MY postcard :)

Carolyn said...

It must have gotten lost in the mail . . . ;-)