Saturday, October 11, 2008

Selecting a President

The current US political campaign ads are almost inescapable. While I want to be informed, I do my best to shut out the cacophony of politics that's swirling around. In spite of that, thoughts of the upcoming election do creep into my head.

This morning I thought of the perfect way for the candidates to prove their competence: have each potential pesidential team compete via simulation. Each team is given an identical program simulating world conditions for the next 4 years -- SimWorld instead of SimCity. The team with the best results at the end of the 4 simulated years wins.

Simulation is used for everything from outer space (think NASA) to inner space (think surgery). Doesn't it make sense to have some idea of what could happen when we select people to serve on the presidential team?

No comments: