Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Opportunity

How many opportunities have I missed because I did not see them, did not recognize them, or chose to ignore them?

If I didn't see the opportunity, it was probably because I was distracted and not fully aware of what was going on in my life. I let the past and future block my view of the present. This is best overcome by being conscious of my thoughts, actions and attitudes. (For fun, there is a Cosmo quiz to see if you are "Living in the Now".)

If I didn't recognize the opportunity, it was probably because I didn't know that it would be beneficial for me. I have found that keeping a journal helps me be aware of the things that are very important to me so I can recognize opportunities to achive those things. Julia Cameron recommends Morning Pages. There is a 43 Things group working on Morning Pages for those who would like to see how it works and compare their findings with others.

Why would I ignore an opportunity? Barbara Sher discusses "resistance" in her book, Wishcraft, which she offers free online. Her bulletin board offers advice from Barbara and from those using the board. This is a great resource for anyone who wants to call upon the vast knowledge and experience of others who are also seeking to reach their full potential.

The bad news: there are many ways to miss an opportunity. The good news: there are just as many ways to find an opportunity!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a very nice idea! Just wanna say thank you for the information you have shared. Just continue writing this kind of post. I will be your loyal reader. Thanks again.alfred angelo.