Why do I have to continually fight the notion that progress is made only with giant steps?
Most failure sneaks up in barely noticeable increments:
- Just one more bite of dessert. . .
- Too much to do this morning; I'll exercise tonight . . .
- I'll finish this later . . .
Why not aim for success by making barely noticeable changes?
- Take 5 minutes before going to bed to make sure the stuff I need in the morning is ready.
- Instead of going for a doughnut, go for a walk.
- Drink water rather than something else when I'm thirsty.
Moving forward is the objective; consistently moving forward, one tiny step at a time.
This year I'm taking tiny steps forward, and this is one of them.